💼 Get an inside look at the promotion process and learn how to advance your career.
Are you aiming for a higher position or thinking about getting promoted to the next level at work? You're not alone. Many are seeking new opportunities for career growth, and securing a promotion at work is considered essential.
Earning a promotion will give you a higher salary, but assuming a more important role in your company will help improve your skills and increase your value at work.
💪 I can help you improve your career and help you get promoted at work.
I'm B.J. Schone, and for the last 15+ years, I have worked in Human Resources (HR) at several large, notable companies, and I've been a manager for 10 of those years.
I've written this guide with your overall career development in mind. It is a must-read to find out the general "requirements" for promotion and it can help you with nearly any professional opportunity in the future.
💎 Increase your chances of getting promoted - today!
I regularly speak with other managers and HR professionals about employees' performance and growth. We are the ones that decide who gets promoted. This means that I have first-hand knowledge of the characteristics and behaviors that decision-makers value most, and I know what factors lead to a promotion. 😉
Here's what you'll learn to to help you level up your career:
- Busting common myths (i.e., it's only the people who work the most hours that move up, it's all about who you know, etc.)
- How people perceive you (e.g., the impact of your work, your skills, your potential, how you share your successes and failures, etc.)
- Building strategic (and genuine!) relationships with your manager, your HR team, stakeholders, other leaders
- Understanding how your company measures success (e.g., goals, wins, etc.), and how your work directly aligns with it
- Understanding the promotion process, including timelines, personalities involved, criteria used, and where you stack up on all of the above
- How all of this works at small vs. medium vs. large companies and in different industries
- Understanding the culture at your company and how it can help advance your career
- Dead ends, danger zones, and bias: When you need to take a hard look at your situation and potentially leave
- Finally, how to use all this to build your promotion plan or roadmap to getting a promotion! 🚀💼💪💎
📘 Get a sneak peek of the Table of Contents
Advancing Your Career
- Are you sure you want a promotion?
- Up, over, or out?
- When I grow up, I want to be a...
- Debunking common myths
- Committing to the road ahead
How Promotions Work
- What counts as a promotion?
- How do promotions work at your company?
- Timeline and Stakeholders
- Decision criteria
- How can you find out these details?
- Understanding HR’s Role
- Conversations behind closed doors
- Magical moments
- Promotion readiness
- Your effect on your team members
Positioning Yourself for Promotion
- Networking, Relationships, and Your Reputation
Building Your Promotion Plan
- Template and checklist to prepare you for the big conversation
Asking Your Manager for a Promotion: A Conversation Guide
- Timing is everything
- A Tale of Three Conversations
- The First Conversation: Planting the Seed and Learning the Process
- The Second Conversation: Making the Case
- Third Conversation: Navigating the Outcome
Dead Ends, Danger Zones, and Bias
The End (and The Beginning)
Articles, Books, and Links
⚖️ 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you're not completely satisfied for any reason, just let me know within 7 days and I'll refund your purchase.
"I finished this whole guide in an hour! I loved every page of it because I had so many situations in my life where I wish I had known these things sooner. So I am giving this guide a huge recommendation - go check it out!" - Justin Dux, CareerCloud Radio
"I'm almost halfway into your book for my first read through. Several things are hitting a home run for me. I'm in the promotion running again, and this could not have come at a more perfect time." - Keith M., Bentonville, AR
🚀So, start now!
Choose any of the 4 options below to get your career moving onward and upward with The Essential Guide to Getting Promoted at Work.
Advance your career today. Money back guarantee.
- Advance your career today. Money back guarantee.